Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
quickFilters 3.8 Requires Restart
Quickly generate mail filters on the fly, by dragging and dropping mails and analyzing their attributes. Create a filter in less than 10 seconds, it's as easy as: drag, click, click.
By popular demand, supports SORTING filters alphabetically.
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from 5 templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template. It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. A search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
- [Bug 26625] New filters do not automatically run when getting mail. This problem was introduced in version 2.8 by not adding an important flag to the filter type, based on the new setting "Run Manually" (and later the additional settings in the "Apply Filter when" box)
The flags <tt>nsMsgFilterType.InboxRule</tt> or <tt>nsMsgFilterType.NewsRule</tt> have to be added to existing filters that had the "manual" box unchecked.
You can use the new "Debug" button to track down and fix these filters.
- Filters are now merged on import. When a filter is imported it will overwrite a filter of the same name,
rather than creating a duplicate.
- Fixed some layout problems (truncation) in filter assistant.
- Source code released under Custom License